A Better Prayer Life

You are probably reading this thinking, 'finally, a way to get me going in my prayer life."  I hate to disappoint you, but there's no silver bullet in praying.   No novena, Tajima hall, beads or program can enhance your prayer life but your determination to be with God.  

John Piper's observation of how to pray is this:  "I get in trouble sharing to people how I pray - where the solution to their prayer life is their love relationship with God."  The truth is that's where it all begins.   

Prayer is your love relationship with God"Father, I'm so excited about today.  I want to look out for how you will reveal yourself to me through my situation, the people I meet, and the struggles I face. Help me not to forget you especially when it becomes busy.  I love you."   

Prayer is introducing others to have a love relationship with God.  What essential prayers can you do for people?  Is it money, health, and a good life?  Paul in Ephesians 3:16-19 pray these for you:   strength (v.16), godliness (v. 17), power (v.18), love (v.19a), and fullness (v19b).  Transition your prayer life to the next level and pray for the essentials.

Here are a few more things to have and to do in structuring your prayer life.     

  • Prayer Time - set a regular time and it is ok to set an alarm to remind you about it.  I have my watch set at 2pm because it is when fewer people call and a good time to step back from everything.  
  • Prayer journal - a simple notebook to jot down what you are praying will encourage you as you look back and discover God's answers and will keep you inline for praying for the essentials.
  • Prayer group - keep yourself accountable and a small group of regular prayer time or attend the church's prayer meeting are always good for the health of your soul.   
  • Pray all the time - Since there's no silver bullet to structuring your prayer life, follow Paul's:  Pray without ceasing.
If you want to learn more about seeing God's will happen to your life and others, or you have any immediate thoughts on this subject, don't forget to comment below.

Watch and Pray! 

Pastor Bong   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dispersed To Exile

From Disoriented to United to Divided

Funeral Service for Herminio Resurrection "Ernie"