Ephesians 6:1-4 Parents and Children Growing Together


Busting the Myth: 

  • Parents are better than their children and don't need to grow.  Why do you think this statement is untrue? 
QUESTIONS TO PONDER FOR PARENTS:
  1. In what way can I help my child grow in the Lord?
  2. If your children are non-Christians, what steps can you take this week that could bring your child one step closer to the cross? 

QU4ESTIONS TO PONDER FOR CHILDREN:
  1. What does it mean for you to "obedient" or "respectful" to your parents? 
  2. While there is no perfect parent, in what way is God expressed among your parents?
  3. If your parents are unChistian, what are some ways you can do to bring them closer to Jesus? 


5 PURPOSES OF PARENT-CHILD RELATIONSHIP
Mark which is True or False statement

Purpose # 1:  Connectedness. 
  • Does my relationship with my family introduces them or brings them closer to God? 
  • Am I connecting my family to the local church?
Purpose # 2:  Growth: Becoming Like Christ 
  • I help my family members to grow in Jesus by ______________________________. 
  • I strive to be an example for my family members in growing in Jesus

Purpose #3:  Service
  • I allow my family to experience serving the Lord by connecting them to a local church
  • My family uses their skills and talents to serve the Lord in the church
Purpose #4:  Share:  Making the gospel known to others
  • I am aware who my family members wishes to reach for Jesus
  • I help my family get to share Jesus
Purpose #5:  Worship
  • I make church as an option to grow and worship the Lord
  • I strive to honor the Lord as a family
=========
Other resources to help understanding purpose driven family:
  • The Aim of every family is to practice: respect, reliability, resourcefulness, and resilience.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dispersed To Exile

From Disoriented to United to Divided

Funeral Service for Herminio Resurrection "Ernie"