From Creation to the Promised Land

We begin the next four weeks to look at the history of the Old Testament.   This lesson begins from Creation (Genesis)  until the Promised Land (Deuteronomy).  The theme we emphasize is "God uses the place of our lives where we are in."   Read Ephesians 2:7-10.  

The three places God used for His children were: 

I.  The Garden of Eden - It is a Place of Beginning

To enjoy God's place of beginnings means:  (1) I must cultivate the land;  (2) I must be aware of temptations and (3) I must remain obedient and follow His holy path.  

II.  The Wilderness - It is a Place of Cleansing

I must learn to accept that this place of wilderness ...(1) is the safest route; (2) is the cleansing route; (3) it is a learning route.  

III.  Canaan - It is a Place of Rest

The place of rest is important because... (1) it is a place of promise - the Lord promised rest; (2) it is a place flowing with milk and honey; (3)  it is a place of abundant harvest; (4) it is a place where Messiah Jesus would be born.   



DISCUSSION QUESTION: 

1.  Am I in the right places in my life?   

2.  What things do I do to help me understand that I am where God wants me to be? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dispersed To Exile

From Disoriented to United to Divided

Funeral Service for Herminio Resurrection "Ernie"