Overcoming Fears in Disciple - Making

 


What's Your Name?  

I am not a people person.  In fact, my natural default is to find a space within a crowd.  But when somebody reaches out to me, I like the feeling.  Don't you?   Too many people are in the kingdom crowd but never a part of God's family.  They are waiting for me and for you to reach out to them. 

DISCUSSION: 

  • Recall a moment when you were thankful somebody engaged with you with a spiritual conversation?  How was it like?  And why were you thankful and glad? 
  • Identify your fear on making disciples?  What do you think should you do to overcome that fear?  What help are you willing to receive from LFBC to help you overcome your fear? 

KNOW SOMEONE'S NAME
In a book, Discipleship Uncomplicated, Dr. Haynes emphasized the importance of knowing a person's name.   God wants us to know people's names.  Cornelius heard from God that he needed to look for Peter.   When the soldiers came to Peter, they introduced their master's name Cornelius.  Names are important.  

This week, practice remembering names.  Do it when you meet the cashier at the grocery store.  Look at her name tag, and call her by her name. Say, thank you Delores for helping me today.  You can be at a fast-food, or maybe your on the phone, go ahead ask for their name.  Say, May I know who I am speaking with?  When you know the name, go ahead and mention their name every so often.  Mike, I have a problem with my banking.  At the end, just say, Mike, I appreciate all the help.  

Now you are on your path to some Real Disciple-Making.  Don't forget to leave some comments below on what you think about today's topic.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dispersed To Exile

From Disoriented to United to Divided

Funeral Service for Herminio Resurrection "Ernie"