A Spiritual Parent's Checklist

 



GROWING DEEPER AS A DISCIPLE

As a spiritual parent, you desire to see a growing disciple.  Here are some realities you can check to measure the growth of your spiritual children.  This list was taken from coachingthrbible.com.  


F.1: I know I am forgiven. [Psalms 103:8-13]
What are your challenges in believing God will forgive you? Describe the feeling you have when you are forgiven.

F.2: I see the path to maturity in scripture. [John 1:35-39, Matthew 4:19, John 15:5]
What is the importance of maturity?  What does maturity look like?

F.3: I know how to get more power in my life. [2 Timothy 1:7]
What is the source of power in your life?  How do you obtain more of it?

F.4: I am able to apply scripture to my life. [James 1:19-27]
How have you gained understanding of the Bible?  What difficulties do you have applying Biblical principles?

F.5: I am able to constantly put Christ first in my life. [Colossians 1:10-20]
What is currently the first, most important driving force in your life?  How would your life change if Christ was first?

F.6: I am strong in the area of obedience to God’s word. [Matthew 5:1-11]
How have you struggled with obedience in the past?  How has that hindered you? What is the specific area you are struggling with obedience?

F.7: I know how to help someone grow spiritually. [Colossians 1:28-29]
What is your current vision for maturity?  Where do you see yourself in that vision?  What are the steps to get there?

F.8: I regularly practice claiming God’s promises. [2 Peter 1:3-5, 2 Corinthians 1:20]
What is your present understanding about the promises of God?  How have you experienced a promise of God?

F.9: I am able to find the will of God for my life. [Romans 12:1-2]
What has been your experience of understanding God’s plan for your life?  How do you know when you are doing the will of God?

F.10: I am able to experience God’s love, even when I mess up. [Luke 3:21-22]
What has been your experience towards God when you have disobeyed Him?  How do you respond to the conviction of the Holy Spirit

Comments

  1. Do you mean the source is from coachthebible.com?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

From Dispersed To Exile

From Disoriented to United to Divided

Funeral Service for Herminio Resurrection "Ernie"