The Pathology of Disciple-Making

Disciple-Making Process

We know the theology of disciple-making.  It is found in Matthew 28:19-20, "Go into all the world and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey whatsoever I have commanded you and lo I am with you always even unto the end of the age."

Where do I begin.   Today's lesson in Matthew 4:18-22, lends us some practical advice.  Based on Dr. Warren Haynes book, Discipleship Uncomplicated, he challenges us on two areas:  

1.  Proximity on Relationships in Disciple-Making:   You are most likely to reach the people you are close to. 

2.  Purpose of Relationships in disciple-making.  You are most likely to reach the people you are intending to reach.  

Questions to ponder: 

Woo are the people around you that meet both proximity and purpose that you can begin a relationship of disciple-making.   (Name 3 names) 


What are some practical steps you can take to initiate a disciple-making process:

  • I need to reach out to them and say hi
  • I just need to invite them and bring them to the next outreach event
  • I want to know how to share Jesus to people that I meet
  • I will develop an intentional "reach" list and pray regularly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From Dispersed To Exile

From Disoriented to United to Divided

Funeral Service for Herminio Resurrection "Ernie"